As you know...I have to catch up. We had a well known eventfull last weekend. We started out on Thurs night (Feb 26th?)...I, for the first time in months, had two assistants at work at Pearlridge. This was exciting because I usually I am running around like a crazy person. After a busy day the Sat before where I made a mistake because I was so busy (I forgot to get the tooth shade for the patient and they had to come back), I decided that I would lay down the law. Either I get two assistants or I cancel patients in my schedule and the office makes less money. This has bothered me for awhile because the male dr that I work with gets two assistants no matter what (even if he has barely any patients in his schedule). I basically told the regional manager that I am being treated differently as a woman Dr. and I'm tired of it. A HR person came to the office and interviewed everyone about the problem and now the problem is being solved. After my nice day at work we drove the Honolulu for dinner at the Olive Tree. I wore my new green Maurices top (from mom for xmas), jeans and a light 3/4 sleeve jacket for the outdoor seating. It was exciting to feel the crisp cool air (about 68-70). Sometimes I miss my jeans and coats.... We ordered grape leaves, tabuleh, falafal and lamp shish kebabs. It was good! I really miss falafal (they had the best in ann arbor). The place is a byob so you can enjoy a bottle of wine from the shop next door at their restaurant. Just as our food was coming up, Brian started to look a bit green....he was not feeling well. So we boxed it up (I had them add some Bakalava) and took it home to eat. So all dressed up (I even took out my good purse) and back at home to eat....
Friday, we had errands to run. Taxes, costco and such. Then Friday night we went to a U of H baseball game. The game started at 6:30pm in Honolulu. We went to one game last year and had a great time, but it was the last game of the season. We picked up our $6 tickets (the best deal in Hawaii) and had great seats. I would describe it as the front row of the dress circle....you sports people may call it the front row of the upper deck. We picked up beers, hot dogs and fries! Yummers. We met another Dr. that Brian works with....Dr. Chris Swisher. We had a fun time. We went home after the game (they won) around 9:30pm. We got home around 10pm. We were watching TV after and fell asleep on the couch with the TV on. We wandered upstairs after midnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment