Sunday, March 21, 2010

No Mongoose Flu for me

Well, I had a couple days of a minor sore throat and then it was gone...no mongoose flu for me! We filled out our NCAA brackets this week and we will see if I beat Brian for the....well...actually he has never beat me. Hours and hours of basketball watching apparently does not help. I feel that lack of basketball knowledge is my asset. So far...I'm winning.

I went to a free hula class after work on Thurs. Its here in Ko Olina by the fitness center. It was one of the more fun things I've done here. Its every Thurs from 5:30-6:30. It started a little while ago, but its hard for me to make it there by 5:30 because I work until 5 and usually I run over. Plus, we don't work on Friday so Thurs night is our night to go out to dinner or a baseball game. So I won't be able to go every week. But it was fun, its a good mix of women from kids to grandmas. The teacher is a dancer from the Luau place down the street. The class even had a Ukulele/guitar player who sang. So we learn the steps and then we get to dance them to the live music. It was so cool! Something about dancing with the music and having the breeze come through.....very nice. We learned two songs..."Hanalei Moon" and "In Your Hawaiian Way". I was jealous that some of the girls had the special skirts that hula dancers wear...not grass skirts. They are made of fabric and are called pa 'u skirts. Don't worry, I'll make one with my sewing machine. I just need the right fabric. They look easy to make, they are elastic waist. There are several strips of elastic at the waist. I will ask around at work tomorrow.

I will get the music for my hula dances and practice. Then later I can start my career as a hula dancer. I can see it now......Webb's Hula and Dentistry....Maybe "Dancing Dentistry".....or "Graceful Dentistry" (no not that one, I tripped on a cord last week at work).

I started another quilting pattern. I actually have a couple going, but I get tired of staring at the same colors so I find it easier to do different ones on different days. One is for my dental assistant, DeDe. She asked me when I first started if I would make her one someday. Its pineapples and hearts in yellow on a khaki background. Let me know if anyone else wants one. Mom, I have a "u pick" for you. I have one done and another in progress you can pick. I will send pics sometime.

Sat we went out to Kanpai (sports bar) and Gordon Birsch. It was fun. My car battery is on its last leg. It is barely turning over. I need a new one, but Brian's neck was messed up on Sun. So it made it through another day. Brian may need to jump it tomorrow....

Anyone else watch the show "American Pickers"? Its pretty cool. They go to people's houses and buy their junk....They are always climbing around someone's old barn.

No comments: