So- I surfed the Bonzai Pipeline on Friday....okay, so that's an extreme exaggeration of what really happened.
I signed up for a paddleboard excursion on the North Shore. There were 6 of us total and 2 instructor/guides. We put in the boards on Sunset Beach and then paddled 4 miles to Three Tables. We went through many famous surfing areas. However, its summer time so its flat out. There were little swells and since I rode on these little swells and didn't fall off my board....I count that as baby surfing...maybe.
It was fun. It took a couple hours. I would paddle along until my legs were shaking or the wind picked up and then I would sit on my board and paddle that way. But I only fell off once, and that was because the instructor collided with me. It takes a lot of balance to be on the boards, so I was really sore that night and the next day. My arms especially from all the paddling. I was grateful that I only had a couple extractions on Sat.
Today (Sunday), we went to the lagoon and layed out. I've got a good book, Sarah's Key. And it was nice and breezy.
We've also been enjoying our new board game, Redneck life. Its a take off on the game "Life". The winner is the person with the most teeth at the end of the game. You get married, divorced, and get into all kinds of trouble. Last time we played, I lost, with only 4 teeth remaining. I also ended up with 7 kids.
We are working on our China plans too. We hope to book our flights this week. This is really exciting. We are planning a 2 week trip. Also, I got invited to the Interdent (work) convention in Vegas this Jan. My airfare and hotel would be covered, so if Brian came we would just have to cover his airfare. We've never been to Vegas, so we are thinking it may be fun. We're not gamblers, but I really want to see Cirque du soleil.
Hope all is well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment