Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Too much excitement

I wish I was telling you about some awesome things that we did or saw this weekend....but instead.....Someone broke into my bank account or has my debit card number and emptied out my checking account. The person bought several plane tickets. I had to block my card, cancel my card, fill out a police report at the police station, go to the bank. And it's going to take 10 to 90 days to get my money back. Luckily, Brian talked me into getting a separate online savings account that I have money squirreled away in. But, it is annoying and now I'm checking my account all the time...several times a day.



I have 4 different student loans plus my cell phone automatically deducting from my account. I am lucky I caught it and am able to get money in my account before my student loan transfers. If I have a late payment, it ruins my chance of getting a 0.25% reduction in rate after 36 months of payments (this adds up to big bucks).

We'll see how long it is before I get my money back...

No comments: