Monday, August 2, 2010

Beach Nerds

Brian and I worked Tues thru Sat this week and both had Sun/Mon off. Slight change in our schedules. Our schedules are going to be shifting a bit over the next couple months until I decide if I'm going to permanently change my schedule to Tues-Sat when Dr. Pelagio retires. The advantage would be that I work 2 more days a month and match Brian's schedule. The disadvantage is that I get little vacation time, and won't have as much flexibility for when people visit or I want vacation.

We went to the beach on Sun and today (Mon). We walked to our current favorite lagoon..number 2. Sun it was very windy and we were all bundled up. I couldn't snorkle much because the water was really choppy and my ears were hurting from getting pounded with water and getting water in them. So I convinced Brian to go again today..hahaha. We went from about noon to 3:30. Sounds like not long, but when you live here and have other things going on (laundry, dishes, bills) we don't usually spend a full day at the beach. Plus, the sun is very strong here. I got some better snorkeling in today. Saw a turtle, a school needlefish (about 20 of them), lots of bonefish, parrotfish, groupers, and various other tropical fish. Also, found these cute little baby fish all swimming at the rope line (the rope lets you know where not to swim past due to the current). They were the size of my fingernail. I never swim past the rope. Only tourists are that dumb.

Then we came home to watch some exciting DVDs on Veneers. We watched about 2 hours of veneer movies. It was nice to watch it together because we could discuss it. Sounds exciting, eh?! I have another veneer case tomorrow in addition the one I mentioned before. One of our staff members broke one off and now we are going to replace them both. Like I said before, I'm exciting to start getting into something different that extractions, dentures, and fills.

I've been continuing my Hawaiian quilting. I finished my Breadfruit pillow a couple weeks ago (took me 4 months). I am almost done with one with coral and yellow fish. I'm then going to make one for Dr Pelagio's retirement gift. I may also branch into totes as I've analyzed my tote that I purchased at the swap meet. At first I thought it would take me too long, but now, I'm faster. And...what's the rush? Quilting is meant to keep me busy so I'm not shopping online. And you can only have so many pillows in the house. Although, I don't keep a lot of my work. I only have three here that I'm planning on keeping.

Off to my haircut....shame on me...I've been growing it since the first week of May. But the new shampoo that Katelyn gave me is so good that I didn't need a trim.

No comments: