Remember in the movie, "Office Space"....The guy, I think his name was Tom, he was the guy whose job it was to take the complaints from the secretary and give it to the engineers. They reason was, "The engineers can't deal with the people, I work with the people." I think of that quote about once a week.
That's because of the "I deal with people" patient. I get one every week. Its someone who hasn't been to the dentist in about 30 years. They tell me how important it is for them to look good to the public because of their job. I can usually smell the problem before I even look in there. Another one of those today....most of the time, its so bad, there is little I can do other that take everything out...unless they have about 20K saved up for a full reconstruction.
I'm working on a veneer case right now that I am excited about. I'm trying to branch out into some new skills. I've been doing more molar root canals. Now I want to get into more porcelain crowns, veneers, and some bone grafting. That's the thing about dentistry. You can never get too comfortable, because the technology and demand changes. Its tough for me to get a lot of these cases where I work because there is little value in having a nice smile here. But I get some eager patients from time to time.
My mosquito bites have almost all cleared up. The final count was over 200 bites. Brian put a blob of prescription cortisone on each one so we could count.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment