Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Back!




I know its been a long time since I've posted. Maybe eveyone's given up on me. But I had so much to write about that I was overwhelmed to start so I will just do some fast forwarding and go from there.....

I had an AMAZING time visiting everyone at home. I forgot how much I missed the mainland. Shopping was so inexpensive, big parking places everywhere, very little driving time and traffic, lots of open space and lots of loving family and friends......

Dad and I went to a Cubs game which was so much fun! I saw Ronnie Woo Woo and he signed my new cubs cap at the game. We had the best seats too. It was just such a great day!

Mom retired and is now footloose and fancy free! It was the end of an era. I look forward to more visits and more phone time now that she's retired.

The past few weeks we have been doing the usual...beaching it and working. We also went to Ahi fever again. That is the largest fishing tournament of the year in the Hawaiian islands. Ahi is the Hawaiian term for Yellowfin Tuna. There is also Marlin, blue fin tuna (Aku), Wahoo (Ono), and Mahi Mahi.

They finally opened up the taco restaurant near us and its been fun. It definitely does not hold a candle to Rositas for me, but it is convenient and lively. Last weekend, they had there official grand opening and there was a salsa band.

I have off work the next two Saturdays and Mondays which is very exciting for me. We are going to Maui this weekend for the holiday and then Bryan and Emily are visiting us the weekend after that. We will be doing some sightseeing and hiking in Maui but nothing like the 13 miles of hiking on the Big Island. We want to do more relaxing and beaching on this trip. We have planned to do the drive to Hana and also to visit this irish bar that will have celtic music. Then we just want to hit some beaches.

I'm writing this before work so I don't have a lot of time to post pics....I will post a couple...

No comments: