We purchased our flights to China this week. To our great disappointment, the price went up $500 each from Sunday when we scoped out our tickets and Thursday when we bought them. We just sucked it up and bought them before they went up anymore. For an extra $29 each we also got the trip insurance.
We will be gone for 2 weeks, it will be the trip of a lifetime for us. We are super excited. We will visit Kevin & Angie in Qingdao, Katelyn in Changchun, and then see the sights in Beijing with Katelyn and Kevin and Angie. I can't wait to see the Great Wall, Forbidden City and go shopping at the Silk Market!
We are working on getting our travel visas and I already have my suitcase out. I can even start preliminary packing because anything I would wear in 50 degree weather in China is not what I would wear in 87 degree weather here.
Brian is going to visit the Wiedemer Clan in Oregon next week. His brother, younger sister and possibly his dad will be there. I will have a week of chick flicks and such. I am actually going to be working a lot in the next 6 weeks. I'm working a few six day weeks to help save up for our trip since I won't get paid for the time that I'm gone. I have to accrue vacation time with my new contract and I renew the last week of Sept. That means that I will have little vacation saved up. In addition, anything you don't use each year disappears. Its a pretty terrible vacation package....something I hope to improve on someday at my next job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment