Sunday, we went to a new beach for us...Lahi Lahi beach. It is near Makaha beach on the west coast (our side). It was sooo nice. We set up our tent and enjoyed the views. The water was nice there and I snorkeled around. I saw a decent amount of fish. There were turtles swimming around but whenever I got in the water, I couldn't find them. The water was so clear, I could easily see the bottom in 20 feet of water. I saw a needle fish as long as me. But he was quite scared of me and swam away.
Monday I had off work. I met Amber and we hiked (climbed) up Koko head. This is a well known "hike". This is not really a "hike". It is an old rail line that goes up a 1100 foot mountain that was used during WW2 as a lookout or something. You basically go up the rail ties that are like stairs for 1100 ft. This is not a fun experience, but Brian was working and I wanted some exercise and some girl time. I realized after about 25 steps that Amber was about 10 times more athletic than I am. At about 600 feet, I almost threw up. But I just started taking more breaks. She was gracious in waiting for me. One section has the mountain washed out from under it so you are walking on the ties with no dirt under you (there is 1-2 feet between each tie). I took the side trail around that part on the nice solid ground. We got to the top in 45 minutes (last time she did it she got to the top in 25 min). We took some pictures and she went off on this other trail that was too narrow and steep for my tastes while I tried to catch my breath and not pass out. Then we went down. I told her to go ahead if she wanted to go faster and I would meet her at the bottom. I liked my rhythm going down of 10 steps with one leg front, then switch, then rest. She started running down the steps and then when she got about 100 feet below me she would turn around and run back up to meet me, then repeat. She probably did about 6-7 up and downs to me while I went down. She was happy with her good work out, I was happy with my slow and steady pace and it worked out well.....until I woke up on Tuesday and couldn't move my legs. Today (weds) is still really bad. I didn't sleep well last night because when I roll over, my legs would hurt.
Anyway....I would like to introduce a new section to my blog.....dental quote of the week. I get a lot of great questions and comments at work. Some more entertaining that others. Brian and I usually get something pretty good once a week between the both of us. It may be something people write on their health history, a question they ask, or even a really good name spelling. I'm going to share a couple of the past two weeks...
Read on a health history under..."Any surgeries or injuries not listed..."
Gamma knife to the brain
Name of the week...."Duhsten" (Dustin)
Quote of the week....
Patient: "Yea, I haven't flossed since I got my braces off."
Dr. Webb: "When did you get your braces off?"
Patient, "2003"
Patient: " One of my back tooth hurts"
Dr. Webb (tapping on a tooth) "Is this the one that hurts?"
Patient: "No...its the stink tooth"
Dr. Webb: "Which one is the stink tooth?"
Patient: "The one that stinks"
(Dr. Webb does not remove mask to determine which one, but eventually, patient says its the last tooth)
No comments:
Post a Comment