Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kitchen disasters continue...

This will be short because I'm typing with one hand. I was cutting kale last night and took off the tip of my left thumb. I can't get stitches because there is nothing to stitch too. Its not too deep, just a bit below the attached part of my nail, but I cant look at it, its gross. I didn't go to work today due to needing those pesky opposable thumbs. We just changed the bandaging and it really painful. I'm back to icing. Ironically....Erin did the same thing this week on her pointer finger.....we obviosly get this from mom. I'll keep you updated..

1 comment:

Erin said...

I cut my index finger with tongs... yes, tongs. They were sharp. Good news: 2 weeks and many bandages later, my finger is healing very well. Bad news: it took about a week for it to completely stop bleeding. Be careful. The slightest bump to the finger and you will feel shooting pain.
Also, how is it genetically possible to pass this kind of thing down in generations? and why can't it happen to Gary, instead of us?