I was able to get a voucher for our flight to Molokai minus $20 each which I considered a real victory. The Molokai trail is supposed to be open again by May1st, but I'm not booking it again until we are sure its open. Construction usually takes longer than original predicted around here....for example...The shopping, restaurants, and mini mart they are building outside our apt complex was supposed to be open fall of 09. It is now the end of April and we have had two places open so far. The ice cream opened and the Hawaiian BBQ opened.
We haven't been to the ice cream yet....its $3.50 for a scoop (not big scoop) and I'm having a hard time accepting that. We stopped at the Hawaiian BBQ place (run by a Chinese family) last week. Hawaiian BBQ is not what mainlanders consider BBQ so don't get excited. They have local plate lunch type dishes. This is a meat item (usually fried or very fatty meat) with two scoops rice and macoroni salad. Brian tried to order the healthiest item on the menu chicken stir fry. He paid an extra $2 so he could have brown rice and lettuce salad instead of white rice and mac salad. Until this day we did not realize how bad someone could mess up stir fry. The chicken was too authetically chinese...chicken parts that were fatty and sinuey. The veggies were barely cooked (Brian even likes his stir fry veggies with some crisp to it still). And the rice was like mushy oatmeal. I didn't even know you could mess up rice like that...especially if you are Chinese. I, on the other hand, chose wisely...cheeseburger and fries. Nothing too exciting, but it hit the spot and I didn't have to drive to get it. Of course my fast food type burger and fries were $7, but I can still see myself on occation getting it. In the future I will try their Mahi Mahi plate (fried fish, rice, mac salad) because I think its hard to mess up fried fish...we will see.
I went back to the outlet stores the other day and hit up the Banana republic store. Now my jeans were on super sale! I got one pair for $25, and another for $8. Also, I found a white blouse for $13. Then I broke down and bought a beautiful strapless linen dress with embroidery. The dress has boning in it so it has a great shape and has a sweetheart cut in front (very flattering). This dress was not on sale much, but when I wore it to Roy's (restaurant) last night, I caught some people looking at it so I know it was worth it. Brian loves it too, but he likes a lot of things I wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment