I know I haven't posted in awhile.....We were busy with our friends Karen and Jim and then I don't know what happened. We had a good time while they were here. We celebrated Brian's birthday in Waikiki- which was fun. After they left, we went to a beach with some friends for memorial day. It was nice. We went fishing on Friday off the rocks near here. I caught 3 fish. All of them were tropical reef fish and very pretty. Brian caught 2 fish (but his were bigger than mine). I mainly spent my time catching Oahu (getting stuck on the rocks and reef). But I did learn how to tie my own hooks, weights, and swivels. It was tough fishing because we were in the middle of an ant hill with some very aggressive ants.
Yesterday I had basically a fabulous day...I drove to the north shore and spent about three hours at Waimea Bay relaxing. It was perfect weather...sunny with nice breeze. Then I stopped in Haleiwa for a kalua pig rice bowl. Rice, pulled pork, grilled onions, BBQ sauce. I shopped a bit, then I stopped at the Dole plantation on the way home for a pineapple ice cream. It was okay, but not really my favorite flavor. Then to costco and home to pack. I am pretty close to being ready.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment