Sunday, June 21, 2009

Great Meal

Well, after months of spending responsibly, we ventured out for a night on the town!

We had a good week. I'm starting a new craft. I started quilting a Hawaiian pillow. This means that its quilting, but its a Hawaiian themed pattern. I picked up the kit at Ben Franklins. I've always wanted to quilt and this was perfect because it has directions and the fabric pre-cut so I just focus on the sewing. Its a yellow pineapple pattern on a tan background. I figure it will take me 6 months to finish it. I work on it while brian watches sports. Maybe I'll make some progress during football season.

On Friday night, we got invited to our neighbors (Diane and Sean) house for dinner. It was really nice. She made us some Philipino food which was way better than any Philipino food we've had in the past.

Then this weekend is different than most for us because brian got his schedule switched for two weeks so we both have sun/mon off. Also, he got done with work at 4pm. So we were able to go out to eat in Honolulu.

There is a restaurant we've been wanting to try for awhile. Its in chinatown. Its called Indigo's and its an Asian fusion restaurant. Obama ate there with his family at christmas time. It was so beautiful and so good. We sat in the garden lanai, there were tropical plants, and all sorts of asian carved wood everywhere. Lots of orchids and a fountain. We had a great table.

I had a lychee martini and it even came with an orchid flower in it. We then had appetizers like tapas for dinner. It was such a nice restaurant. The chef prepared an Amuse Bushe...a cherry tomato with pesto and balsamic on a crispy wonton. We had a sampler of wontons and dumplings (one with goat cheese, one pork with spring greens and rasberry hoison sause, one with shrimp and a garlic aoli sauce). Then we had some flatbread..very nice and hot from the oven. Then we had a tempura ahi sushi roll (which we lovingly call the sushi french fry). Then we had a satay type thing with peanut sauce. That was good, but not as exciting. By then, I was pretty full, so I ordered the coconut cream pie and another lychee martini and Brian had the fire roasted tomato soup with crab. It was very good. My pie was in an individual tart style cup and had toasted coconut on top. Superb! Then at the end of the meal, the waitress brought over little bags of biscotti for everyone to take home from the chef. It was so cool! So you get to go home and have a cup of coffee with biscotti!

We are definitely bringing people to the restaurant in the future. I feel like we are just now starting to find the nice restaurants in town. We have a list that we are going to work though in the next few months.

Today we are going to hit the lagoon and later go to ahi fever.

PS- Happy father's day everyone!

Also for those who are concerned because they are watching that crazy Korean on TV. Do not worry.

1. The missle does not have a range long enough to reach us
2. Hawaii is heavily guarded by lots of missle protection.
3. They even moved this HUGE 900 million dollar missile detection platform out of pearl harbor on weds to move it out to see. The thing is like the epcot golf ball.
4. Hawaii has several different things that shoot out missles and they are all very successful...its been in the paper all week.
5. This missle is thought to be pointed at honolulu and we will be in Kauai for the 4th.

So...no worrying allowed.

Talk to you later,

sar

No comments: