Friday, May 8, 2009

Maunawili Falls

Today we woke up at 6:30 am to go hiking...what is wrong with us?! We drove to Kailua on the other side. It was a nice 3 mile hike. No crazy mountains, no climbing on boulders. We had to cross a small stream about 5 times and then reached a nice little waterfall with a beautiful blue-green pool of water. The water was so nice and cool. I brought my water shoes so I got to wade around in it. On the way back I kept them on instead of my hiking boots so I could just walk through the water that hopping on rocks. I really didn't like hopping on rocks. I was terrified I would slip and fall and bust something. But we made it. We were back at home by 11am and now we are just resting, laundry, cleaning, etc.

Tomorrow Brian is going fishing for ahi tuna. They may be going out 20-30 miles from shore. On Sunday, one of my co-workers invited us to her Halau's performance here in Ko Olina. There is a dinner of local food and then 3 hours of different groups performing hula. Should be fun!

Our friends, Karen and Jim are coming next Sat through the 24th for a dental conference.

No comments: