Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bracket Winner

Another year of NCAA tournament watching and another year where I have beat Brian at predicting the future of basketball. I predicted NC and MS in the finals. Hours and hours of basketball watching failed to help him yet again. I beat him by about the same amount that Michigan State got beat by NC. That was hard to watch...the complete demise of the team.

On another note, we went to watch a college baseball game on Sun afternoon and went out for drinks and dinner after with some friends. It was nice to get out of the house. Plus, its the first greek food I've gotten to eat since I've been here other than what I make at home.

Work has been good. Close to a full moon today so lots of toothaches. Target has transformed our lives. Everything from clothes to cheese for less than $5. I even picked up OJ yesterday which is the first I've had since we moved and it was under $3.

My orchid plant is blooming. I can't believe I got an orchid to bloom. Apparently the secret is to leave it in the garage for a couple months with no water. My pineapple plant is also growing. My mystery cocoon has not hatched yet.

We rearranged the furniture on Sun am to create a reading nook where the dining area used to be. We moved the dining table to the back of the living room..I guess you have to see it to picture it. But its much better now. I like the reading area with my chaise lounge and books. The other bonus was that in moving furniture around I found some junior mints that santa left for me at xmas and they are still good- yummers.

Gotta go, our marlin is on the grill....

No comments: