Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Working Girl

Its been awhile since my last post. I've just been a busy working girl! Being a dentist is exhausting! I've been really tired after work, some days I fall asleep on the couch before 9:30pm and its real tough for me to stay up past 10:30 on our "weekend nights". I've been seeing all kinds of things at work and learning every day. I've been doing a lot of extractions at Gentle Dental since I do all the extractions on Tues, Weds, Thurs, and Sats. There's one person that works every other Weds that does some extractions and one lady that does them on Mondays.

On Halloween, Brian and I went on a hike. We didn't read too well about the difficulty of the hike and it was tough! But it was so fun! It was through a rainforest and in the moutains of the North Shore. It was in Kahana Bay. We were hiking through a lot of mud, over roots and streams. We had to take off our shoes and wade through 3 of the streams. One stream we had to shuffle over a dam with ankle deep water rushing over while holding onto a rope. I have it on video- Brian almost fell in. But then he held the rope tight for when I went across so it was easier for me. The hike took us over 3 hours. We were tired, but had fun, so we are looking into doing more hikes. I'm going to get some proper hiking boots so I don't turn an ankle.

I have a hand injury I'm nursing. Part of the nail on my left thumb nail decided to fall off. Of course, its at the base of the nail. I think I remember smashing it last month on something. So, I have to keep my left thumb all wrapped up (especially at work). The nail will probably take weeks to grow out. I'm watching it for a few days to see if I need to find some Phelanges specialist- hahaha.

This week, I'm working 6 days- I picked up an extra day in Kailua while the owner is out of town. I may work another long week before Thanksgiving. Nothing like working on my own slush fund! But its not really slush since I'm taking off a couple days around xmas without pay so I'm making up for it now. I won't get paid vacation until next year. Of course any paid vacation in dentistry is a luxury.

No comments: