Good game tonight! We watched the game just the two of us....this way we could wear our stretchy pants, gorge on nachos and take up the entire couch! We hit the beach at 8am for some sunshine and then came back around noon for the game. Here is a picture of my " big plate o nacho's"..this is a trademarked dish of mine involving the toasting of the chips in one of my handmade pottery dishes. Also I had a tropical beer.
Yesterday we played a little Movie Scene it and watched the movie "Perfect Getaway". Its a thriller/horror flick that takes place in Kauai. We visited a lot of the area that were in the movie on our Captain Andy boat adventure. Bryan and Emily, if you are reading this...the Captain Andy tour was a lot of fun, but do it on your last day because you will be really sore from holding on for dear life on the boat. I also made another tropical drink...the tropical teaser...dark rum, amarretto and grapefruit juice (I also added grendidine). That was pretty good.
Here's some pictures of a top I made on Friday. I had the day off and Brian went to work. I visited the post office and my favorite store....Fabric Mart (I know, I'm a loser). I found this GREAT hawaiian print in my signature color....green. Its hard to find a hawaiian print that isn't god awful. I sort of copied a shirt I liked from Maurices. I am focuses on shirring for now because it's so easy to fit and make. I'm very proud of my shirt. The skirt is my black pencil skirt I made. Pictures are forgiving...they aren't perfectly created, but I'm excited about them. My next project will be a kitchen apron. Mom may remember my last attempt at a kitchen apron...in junior high. I cut out my fabric upside down and ended up with an apron with upside down hearts all over it. I was so upset because Edie and I picked out the fabric together and everything. It even had this cute red ruffle trim on it. I wonder where that is.....
Lets see who shows up for their dental appointments tomorrow....or breaks a tooth opening beer bottles.
No comments:
Post a Comment