Me...with the pieces of an apron I'm making on me...this is the organized way that I construct clothes...
Brian and I had a terrible week at work....long story short: Brian had an assistant walk out in the middle of surgery because she didn't want the patient's tongue ring in (news flash, you're a dental assistant....you don't have a right to an opinion). I had a patient accuse me of hitting her in the face with a hammer during her extractions 2 months ago.
Flash forward....Friday we went to the lagoon, but the construction at the Disney hotel was so loud it wasn't enjoyable. We have been awaiting with much anticipation for the construction of the new stores/restaurants outside of our complex. Construction started in Jan of 08. Hawaiian construction is painfully slow if it uses local labor. They have been dry walling an ice cream shop that is the size of my college dorm room for about 4 weeks now. Anyway, just to torcher me more, they posted a menu...ice cream, sandwiches and tea shop. They will also have high tea! Of course it probably won't open for at least 3 months....There is also a taco restaurant and supposed to be a mini grocery opening....
Sat, I went to work. My schedule was double booked with one assistant...again. I was so tired. I didn't even sit down until 1:30. And didn't have time to eat. After Brian and I had a birthday party for a 5 year old to go to in Waianae. It was in "Rest. Camp", this is a military park with cabins to rent and a beach. The party was complete with bouncy castle, local food....and karyoke?! People were singing philipino love songs. I ate local food for the last time. It just makes me feel blah...the meat is always so fatty and the dishes are usually swimming in oil. We stayed until 8ish and went home...I was exhausted.
Sun, we were invited to another birthday bash. This was for our neighbor's son in law. He owns a scuba cert company and apparently has access to several boats. We went out on a boat from near Ala Moana (for those who have visited) from Kalewo Harbor (west of downtown). The boat was about 70 ft (Brian's estimate). There were about 60
By the way, Brian picked me up the most beautiful flowers on Sat for Valentine's day. He hand picked the arrangement with my favorite...stargazers. They smell great...reminds me of after my dance performances.
We decided that on Monday (no work for us) that we would go on a hike. We wanted to do one that wasn't that hard since we haven't hiked since the Big Island. We picked one on the North
Shore. One book said it was 4 1/2 miles, another said 6 miles. We think it was 6. It started as a great hiking through a valley, shady, cool...then all the sudden we ended up on a dirt road and a military road (boring). By the time we were done I was tired. We also stopped at a Heiau (ancient hawaiian religious site). It was really cool and had great views over Waimea Bay. Then we headed back to watch some Netflix movies and Olympics.
I have to admit I have fallen behind. I have a lot of photos and some new video. I hope to get caught up this week. Next weekend, I took off Sat and we are planning on a "Staycation". We are going to stay in Waikiki and hit some local restaurants/nightspots.
No comments:
Post a Comment