I realized today that I own more beach cover up dresses than jeans. I also own about 8 bathing suits. Of course, thanks to manapua, malasadas, and my assistants baking I only will fit into 6 of them. But I'm working on that problem....
Brian and I watched Australia last night. Australia combined with Wizard of Oz references?! I was in heaven. I would call the movie a combo of "Far and Away", "Pearl Harbor", and "Rabbit Proof Fence". By the way, if you haven't seen "Rabbit Proof Fence" I highly recommend it. I think it has a few subtitles (not the whole movie though).
Today, we are going to the beach (big surprise I know). I want to snork (that's my new word for snorkeling) in the lagoon. We also got our electric bill down to $139. As you may remember, our first bill was $641. We've found a lot of ways to reduce electric use, but mainly its because we don't need the AC right now. Electricity is 3x the cost as in Michigan, and everything is electric here (no gas).
Brian is watching Michigan state Basketball right now...he's in heaven. We are loving the DVR right now!
Our pineapple plant is growing. We just cut off the top of a pineapple we ate and planted it, and its actually growing. This is something we've tried before in Michigan, but I hear that the pineapples need iron in the dirt to grow and that's why they are grown here (red dirt). So I used dirt from the yard. Of course its taken 6 months for us to really notice it growing. It takes 2 years to produce a pineapple, so we'll see if we get one....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sarah! i LOVE the picture that's at the top of the page! why who could have taken such a hilarious picture? oh yeah. me.
love it!
Post a Comment