Friday, March 6, 2009

Back on the wagon

Sorry its been so long since I've written. I got caught up in holidays and having fun. We've been on a couple hiking trips and I'm working on a video. Erin and I had great fun during her visit. I really liked the snorkeling with the new snorkel set Brian gave me for xmas. We even saw fish in the lagoon here (only 1/2 mile walk). The water has cleared up a lot since the monsoons in Dec. caused all the run off into the ocean. In another month it should be even better as long as we don't have more crazy rain. Lots of whales the past few weeks. If someone wants to see whales, I recommend visiting mid feb-mid march. Erin and I even saw a baby whale on our whale tour.

I've had a busy week at work. Lots of troublesome teeth that didn't want to come out. My hands are tired. Then yesterday I had quite a crazy day, but I can't write about it online.

I've been growing these vine plants for a couple weeks and three days ago some vermit came and ate all of the types of vines but one. I was sooooo mad. Stupid mongoose!

Everyone here is complaining about the "worst winter ever". Pretty funny to us. Its been getting down into the low 60s at night. It even got down to 48 in the mountains one night. The beach has been windy, but we still can go, so its hard to call this the "worst winter ever". But I have worn a light jacket and jeans. The best was watching a woman in jeans and uggs walk on the beach.

The new target opened on weds in Kapolei. Its the first target on the island. They had 1800 people in the store in the first 30 min. So we won't be going until the crowd dies down a bit.

Well, we're off to see if we can get in the new costco. It opened 2 weeks ago!

No comments: