I was thinking about how much I loved my job and realized why and thought everyone would think its funny.....
I work all day in my PJs (provided scrubs) that I don't even wash (they have a laundry service). I wear crocs all day.
Everyone brings in fresh fruit from their trees at home or various local foods to share- this week I had mango bread (like banana bread but with mangos), fresh picked mangos, and fresh picked tangerines.
At lunch time, we order from the local lunch wagon. It has three choices per day and comes with main course, 2 scoops rice, and salad. This is $5 and I divide up into two lunches so I have one for the next day.
Today, I spent about 1.5 hours sitting around reading people magazines that someone brought in and made about $75 catching up on best and worst dressed.
Then after work, I dumped my scrubs in the laundry and changed into a tshirt and my maternity pants and headed home while watching the sun decend on the ocean.
Then I stopped at the library and picked up a few books for beach reading on either Fri or Sun (whichever day we go).
The added bonus was that Brian didn't work today and when I walked in.. he had dinner ready for the grill and beers properly chilled. We had chicken and shrimp and green beans with mango salsa (didn't make this time- bought at costco).
Anyway, I just thought it was funny. Today has combined the best moments of my early life to create quite a day- from wearing PJs, to having "school lunch", and "mom" making dinner. Ha ha ha --now all I need is a bus ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment