Monday, February 7, 2011

Another weekend of rain...

Raining AGAIN this weekend. I realize I will get no sympathy from anyone, but we are disappointed that its been sunny all week (and Saturdays when we work) and then it has rained every Sun/Mon since the New Year. Its sad to pay this much in rent and be so close to the beach and then not be able to sit on the beach in so long.

I had my first PT appointment today. It went great. Maria evaluated me and we worked on some exercises. I have a print out of my exercises that I will be doing twice a day. I also have a ice pack and I'm supposed to ice my neck and right shoulder three times a day. Apparently, it is unusual, but I have swelling in my neck and shoulder still. Also, she determined that my posture is contributing to my pain. My years of ballet have worn off and I'm starting to adopt a dentist posture where I slump my shoulders over a bit. I will have therapy twice a week...Mondays and Thursdays. I will leave work at 3:30 on Thurs, but I look forward to how much this is going to help me now and also throughout my career. She is teaching me exercises to counteract the motions I use at work.

My pineapple is growing well, I'll get some pictures this week. Joined the rest of the country and started reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

Also, I have been starting my research for my big purchase that will happen on our return to Michigan....new car! I am open to suggestions. These are my criteria...I would like a small SUV or Crossover. I will have this car for awhile and think it should be big enough for car seats and kid stuff. I have been traumatized by my accident and want something bigger. I want great safety ratings and all wheel or 4 wheel drive. I want to keep gas mileage similar to my Alero which is 18 city/27 highway. I was joking with Brian that I wanted a hitch on my back of my next vehicle so someone who hits me will not get through the bumper (Brian had someone rear end him 5 yrs ago and his hitch was on and his car had a small scratch and her front end was smushed). Now that I realize how dangerous driving is and how easy it is to get injured and how much it impacts my daily life since I have a physical job. I look forward to your suggestions.

Chinese New year was this week and my assistant and I followed the chinese tradition of having 8 different dishes that day for lunch. They don't have to be big portions. We had plates with all these small dabs of things....salad, apple slices, rice, chicken, pork, salad #2, meatballs....nothing went together, but we had a fun time. DeDe was my first assistant at Waianae and is a sort of Hawaiian mom to me. We share our lunches everyday and exchange recipes and such. I made her a pillow for her birthday last year...she is the best. She is a good cook and that's how it came to be that I had to lose 10 lbs last fall.

Brian is making Thai red curry for dinner....off to help....although I think I timed it right so he doesn't need help anymore...

No comments: