Now I have some pictures of my pride and joy.....My pineapple plant. It started shooting up the flower 3-4 weeks ago. When we first moved here, we ate a pineapple. We cut off the top and I planted it in an empty plastic salsa tub. It appeared to not be doing anything so it ended up in the garage for maybe 3-4 months with no water or sun. Then I realized it was still alive...so I planted it on our upstairs lanai in a real container. Then I watered it about once every 2 months for over a year. Then I upgraded it to the downstairs lanai. I started caring for it and watering it. Still no flower. Next I started making comments to it, like...."you are such a disappointment to Brian and I", "you're not getting any younger you know", " after everything I've done for you, your not even going to make me a pineapple?!"....Then, before I knew it, we had the flower. I will take weekly pictures.
Still Kindicted....even can read it in the rain at the beach thru a ziplock bag. I'm reading the "House of Night" series which is like a cross between twilight and harry potter. But since its on my kindle, maybe people think I'm reading something intellectual.
1 comment:
i was wondering about the pineapple plant a few days ago...I think maybe I sent it good vibes to start growing. Now you can enjoy your home grown pineapple before you move back!
Post a Comment