Friday, January 22, 2010

4 Tires and Another Day

Today was exciting. Brian got his new tires. He had a flat earlier this week and changed his own tire in the parking lot at his work. He decided to get all new tires since his were pretty worn. Best price was at Costco...4 tires installed for $633. Adding this to what he's spent on his new battery, starter, transmission rebuild, and buffing the headlights means the car is turning into our new money pit. Then we had an exciting shopping trip at Costco...okay, so not so exciting.

I was going to answer a couple of Grampy's questions from his letter he sent me last week. When we were on the Big Island and swimming through the water on the hike, the water was clear enough that we could see the bottom. Otherwise I would have been more hesitant to get in it.

Also, my hair was getting really long, but I just got it cut last week. Not short, just shorter. We did get the pears and they were delicious! Perfectly ripe! Reminded me of home when we would all get a pear for xmas. Thank you!

We received a large houseplant from our neighbors for xmas. We noticed some bite marks out of it the other day. We figured the loose gecko was eating it (which is desperate because they eat bugs). But when I looked at it today, I noticed that there was a lot of it eaten. Then I saw the slime trail on our TV speaker. We have a snail or slug on the loose. It probably came in the dirt of the plant. They are nocturnal so we are going to have to try to nab it tonight.

This is the second time I'm typing this since my computer fritzed out and lost all of this.

Brian thinks I should share my story from work yesterday....I was working on this lady's temporary upper denture. Temporary dentures are a bear. No one likes them, they are to wear while healing from multiple extractions until a permanent denture can be made. She has a long list of complaints about it which I expect because no one likes them. This is the 6th visit of adjustments and her complaints are getting ridiculous...like her upper denture hurts her neck. Then while I'm adjusting it with the drill in my hand, she starts poking my arm with her long nails. I lost it and said, "Do not poke me, that is rude" She said, "Oh, I just wanted to tell you that you are very pretty". Ahhhh!

No comments: