Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hardware Stores and Hiking

I wrote this last Thursday....

Well, as everyone knows we are back. The house was a disaster and getting a bit better each day. We have had to do extensive cleaning, and we are doing a lot of repairs. Knobs are broken off in every room, and the walls are beat up. The yard was a disasater. We are finishing up with the yard. We had the crab grass and dandelions treated and the lawn fertilized. We reclaimed part of the yard that the renters decided not to mow for 3 yrs and trimmed the bushes. We actually redid all of the landscaping. We redid the dropcloth, put in new bricks and mulch and got some new plants. We picked up all the trash left in the yard including my favorite, a used oil pan for changing oil in cars.

Now, Brian is doing drywall and we are getting our dryer vents cleaned. We went hiking yesterday in Saugatuck Dunes National Park. How did we run up and down those dunes so many times as kids?! Then we hit up Su Casa, a local Mexican restaurant Brian loves. We also went to a peach farm and picked some of the last peaches of the season.

I am narrowing in on my Hyundai Tucson. I am trying to start a bidding war between two dealerships. One is in Lansing, one is in Milwaukee but delivers. The Lansing one is red, is a demo so it has 5000 miles on it. It is at $26000 now. The Wisconsin ones are Grey or Silver and are just under $26000. So I'm working on it. Other ones in the area are around 30K, but have a sunroof which I'm not interested in. Do I really need more chances to sunburn and more wind messing up my hair? No. I'm hoping to nail this car thing down today.


No comments: