Sunday, July 17, 2011

Last week of Work

This is going to be our last week of work! We are so excited! We have our trip to Portland almost all set. Just a rental car to procure. I also spent some hours on the phone booking us a one day trip to Molokai. This is the big check on my bucket list. We will fly into Molokai at 6am, drive to the huge cliff that separates the rest of the island from Kalaupapa (former leper colony) and hike down a 3 mile 1700ft elevation change trail with 26 switchbacks. We meet on the bottom at 10am. Then we go on a tour of the former colony and visit Father Damien's grave. We then begin our hike back up at 2pm. Our flight back to Oahu is at 7pm. This will be on July 25th.

Our last day of work is this friday. Then on Sat, Amber and I will kayak out to these little islands off of Lanikai beach on the other side of the island. The guys are going to create a beach compound for our return.

Grampy, we received your letter yesterday. Our schedule is: leave Oahu on July 28th, Visit Brian's brother and visit Portland leaving for Michigan on Aug 3rd. Arrive in Michigan on Aug 3rd at midnight. The first day the container could arrive would be the 4th. We are hoping for the 5th. The company contacts us around Aug 1st to let us know the arrival date. We will have a moving company unloading the container and bringing the furniture and boxes into the house. Brian and I will also be unloading our storage unit which contains a dresser, bed, mattress, the pink chairs, and other various items. The storage unit items we loaded ourselves so we should be able to unload ourselves. We will love the help opening the boxes and putting things away, also patching dings in furniture or whatever else. We have no idea what condition the house is in. We will be in touch to let you know the date the container comes.

We can't believe this is coming to an end. Its been a great adventure. I will miss a lot of things. I am very spoiled, we walk to the convenience store for snacks or meals if we aren't up to cooking and walk to the beach, hot tub or pool when we want. I haven't had that feeling where you don't want to get out of the shower because its so cold out in 3 years. But I can't wait to see everyone! I'm looking forward to the seasons, and Michigan apples and movie theatres that don't smell like feet!

1 comment:

Bryan and Emily said...

So excited and sad for you guys all at the same! I just glad Bryan and I were able to visit you guys last year. Good memories...I can still smell the pineapple martinis!! Good luck with the rest of the move and travels!