Monday, April 18, 2011

Burned again

Hawaiian sun scored against me again...I know, big surprise. Brian and I went to Kawelo Bay on the North Shore on Sun (our Sat since we have off Sun/mon). It was a great trip, we picked up our favorite poke that they only sell at the Foodland near there. We stopped at the fruitstand across the street and bought fresh cut coconut and pineapple. We also got some fresh banana limpia. This is heaven on earth. Its an apple banana, which is the local banana here that is smaller and sweeter and is soft when cooked. Then the banana is wrapped in dough and deep fried. The Bay is unknown by most and as usual only had about 4 other couples there. Tony and Amber met us with more food, and cold beer. We lounged around and then Amber and I floated on our floaties in the bay (no waves there). It was a great day, but I got the tourist splotch burn. That's when you miss a few random spots and you end up with the terrible, almost purple burn in weird places, like a weird spot by your knee, and by your arm pit.

Today, we ran errands. We went into town for a trip to Nordstom's Rack. We rarely shop, since there are few occasions to dress up for around here. Then we hit Costco, like every Monday. But after our gorge yesterday and watching a few pounds creep up since before Christmas, we are starting our diet again. Its always easier to be miserable together. So we won't be doing any carbo loading for a few weeks....speaking of which...funny story.....Sat night, I was in a frenzy for some Kraft Mac and Cheese. So Brian drove me to the store (I know we should walk, but we didn't that time). He stayed in the car while I ran inside. When I got back in the car, he was laughing. I asked him what was so funny. He said, "I was checking out this really hot chick in the store. Then I realized it was you."

No comments: