Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No Tsunami

We had our first official Tsunami watch this morning. Its sort of like tornado watches/warnings. The watch is already canceled. The earthquake was in American Somoa. They closed the beaches and told people not to go swimming since there can be strong currents. So, it looks like no problems coming our way.

This weekend, Brian and I went hiking to a waterfall, Waimano falls above pearl city. It was a nice hike. One of my patients told me about it and then I found it in my book. It looks on paper like its easy...3 miles with 700 feet elevation climbing. However....part of the hike is called, "cardiac hill". It is a big 45 degree incline that keeps going and going. My legs are really hurting me now. But it was a nice adventure. I sent out some dvds yesterday of the hike.

This weekend Brian and I are going to Honolulu for the American Dental Assoc. Meeting. To avoid the traffic, we are staying in town. Plus, we wanted to enjoy the restaurants and things in Honolulu and not have to be driving back at night. The commute can be 2 hours each way at peak times, even though its only 25 miles. We are taking 4 classes together...aren't we cute? I hope he carries my bookbag :)

This weekend, we went to the Garlic House restaurant. We've been wanting to go FOREVER! We went with our friends, Matt and Jen (Jen's a dentist who works with Brian). Everything is garlic in the restaurant. And it was soooo good. We had steak, the most amazing roasted garlic potatoes of all time, garlic bread, garlic spinach and bacon salad, bruschetta, among other things. We all shared our plates with each other. We even finished it off with garlic mango ice cream. Very interesting..... The next day, the mosquitos didn't even want to bite us on the hike....ha ha ha

I'm hoping to run into some Michiganders at the ADA meeting this weekend. But if not, Brian and I will have fun. We plan on hitting Rumfire (outdoor music), and Cha Cha Cha's ($2.50 margarita specials).

No comments: