More catching up...We FINALLY went out to eat at Roy's in Ko Olina. We've been avoiding it because we thought it was really expensive. The website wouldn't list the hawaii menu. It is right around the corner from us. We sat outside looking over the 18th hole (we live at the 13th). We were pleasantly surprised. It wasn't any more expensive than anywhere else. The main meals were a bit pricey, but the food was so good and the atmosphere was so nice and the service was excellent. Roys is an asian fusion restaurant, so there was sushi, steaks, fish, pasta and desserts on the menu. They start you off with spiced edamame complete with hot towels to wash your hands first. We had some appetizers and then a couple sushi rolls. Beers are $6, which is less than the usual $7 around here. I am estatic because I can now get dressed up from time to time and enjoy dinner at a nice restaurant that we could walk to (but we don't since I wear my heels).
We went on a nice hike, the aiea loop trail. It was 4 miles only 900 feet elevation gain. It had nice views of pearl harbor and wound around in the nice cool shady forest. Afterwards we went out for himilayan food, then we came home and went to the pool. We came home and then set up our new ladder ball game (blongo ball). I started making mango daquoris and had too many. Then, of course.....our neighbors Diana and Sean came over and our house was a disaster AGAIN. For those of you who don't know, they stop by whenever our house is a disaster and we can't let them in. So there we were talking to them outside and I am tipsy. This set off more of my cleaning frenzy later.
One week later, (last friday), we went on another hike. This one was in Honolulu above the city. It was a ridge hike. I should have known better. Ridge hikes are scary for me because I'm scared of the edge. It was 5 miles roundtrip with 1200 feet elevation gain. We got withing the last 1/4 mile and I refused to go any further. The trail started to deteriate. It was narrow, we were high up. Then we got to a section where the brush was overgrowing the trail and I was too scared to go any further. Brian was disappointed, but we turned around. BEST decision of my life! I was not about to be one of those hikers on the news getting rescued by helicopter. By the time we got back (4 hours from starting), we were walking down some stone stairs that were at the beginning by ahoSme and passed 1....2.....3... monks. Apparently, the trail started right near the Laotian monostary. They had amazing gardens.
Afterwards we went to Murphy's pub. We've been meaning to go there for awhile (in Honolulu). It was nice. Nice beer list, good burgers (brian had). I had the french dip (which I turned into an italian beef). Then we picked up a wooden paddle from a guy to hang on our wall for some hawaiian decor. I was exhausted from the hike. When we got back to our apartment I slept from 3 until 7pm. Then had dinner and went to bed at 9pm. So this week, we are taking a break from hiking.
Last week, I also finished my hawaiian pineapple quilted pillow. It took me 5 weeks total. I worked 1-3 hours a day on it maybe 5 days a week. No I will not be doing an entire quilt anytime soon. I did start another pillow, green palm trees in a circle on a tan background.
Then last Saturday, we went to Roy's again. That time we had drinks ( I had the famous pineapple infused martini....excellent), sushi rolls and dessert (pineapple upsidedown cake for me, breadpudding for brian).
Monday, I made some more pillows for the house (red and gold). Finally....we are at today!!!
We woke up and my wen haircare came in. I don't know if you've seen the infomercial, but its supposed to revolutionize your hair. Basically, I will look like a supermodel in one week. I tried it out (conditioning shampoo and styling creme), so far so good. Then we went to fabric mart for me to get some more fabric. Then we bit the bullet and visited slumberworld.
The backstory.....One year ago, we got a new mattress. It was $1000. It was good for the first week. After that, brian built a whole new support system for the bed. We were then good until May/June. Then we started waking up in traction. We've been rotating the bed, but we can't flip it due to the pillowtop. So we wandered into slumberworld to see what was available. We didn't really want to have to buy a new one, but with our jobs we need to have good back support. We spent 2 hours trying out mattresses and to our surprise, loved the temperpedic. I even tried out the "Oprah bed", but it was $4000. It was very nice though. We found one we liked, and it was the creme de la creme, but the company is changing the fabric cover of the mattresses and they are trying to liquidate the tan cover, so we got it for half price. It won't be in for 3 weeks. We are very excited. I still don't know how we ended up actually buying a mattress, but I'm glad we did. We should be a lot more comfortable soon and we always say...the only happiness money can buy is a good mattress.
Well...I'm going to sign off now that we are all caught up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment