I'm back from my cold experience. Please save your jokes about...how can you get a cold in Hawaii?! It's entirely possible. In between kleenexes I have been hitting the pavement for work. Its been tough. I haven't felt this kind of rejection since junior high lunch hour. I'm starting to doubt my career choice. I have been to all the offices in Kapolei and have gone into Kunia, Ewa Beach and Makakilo. I have a couple names to call and a couple doctors to follow up with, so there's still hope. My favorite stop was an office called, "The Tooth Fairy"...perfect if we can dig up my old softball tshirt (for those of you who don't know, I was on a softball team in grade school called "The Tooth Fairies"). But, I don't think she needs another doctor...bummer.
Yesterday afternoon, Brian and I went to Makaha beach for a couple hours late, late afternoon. Then Brian and I got frozen treats. Brian had a mango frozen bubble tea (slushy type drink with 1/2 inch gummy pearls in it) and I had a pineapple snow ice (different from a shave ice- shave ice is better I think). Then we went grocery shopping. Last night I made us homemade calzones.
Today, Brian is in a football coma. We woke up at 8:30am and by 9am he was watching 4 different college football games, an NFL pre-season game, and US open tennis. He's drinking coffee and a beer at the same time. But he's really excited because the Michigan State game is going to be broadcast tonight because they are playing California. We were excited to watch the Warriors game, but it is a $60 Pay per view (and they are losing big time now, 56-0 so far).
I'm going to sneak out to Old Navy today since I broke my flip flop attacking a "waterbug". Our numbers have decreased, yesterday was the first one I've killed in the house in a few days. In addition, they have been providing Brian and I with a new game....We sometimes go on walks at night along the lit paths of the hotels and now we see who can kill the most roaches along the way. Brian won last time. Since there are no bars or nice restaurants (other than the expensive hotel restaurants) we have to come up with original entertainment.
I also have to write about our turtle encounter....We were on the beach we call turtle lagoon, near our townhouse and all the turtles were out eating the sea grass. We tried to film them, but its tough since they bob in and out so fast. We stood in the water about knee deep and stayed real still. As the waves came in, the turtles would sometimes come in with them. Also, the turtles were real curious about us and would swim right up to us. One almost touched Brian's foot. They were so close, I was getting scared. Although Brian pointed out that they probably aren't going to bite me. It was awesome to have a 3 ft diameter sea turtle right near you. We were the only ones on the beach that day. It was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment